Haven't done this in a while. It feels good!
A few brief notes on Steve 2.0:
Raspberry Pi Zero W
Arduino Pro Mini (4x PWM output/quadrature input/current sensing)
Dagu Rover 5 four-motor chassis
Dagu speed controller
5V USB 'phone charger' power for the electronics
6xNiMH AA power for the motors
CSR Bluetooth USB dongle (the Pi Zero W bluetooth is not reliable for me)
PlayStation 3 SIXAXIS remote control
Nokia 5110 LCD with speed/current status display and on-board menu function
To add - 3x Ultrasonic sensors and 2x IR line sensors.
Saturday, 25 March 2017
Saturday, 18 March 2017
It seems things have changed a bit since I last worked with an Arduino on a Raspberry Pi - plus I've forgotten a load of stuff. This is a note to myself, more than anything.
- You can install avrdude with sudo apt install avrdude.
- On a Raspberry Pi 3 or a Pi Zero W, the /dev/ttyAMA0 UART is used for Bluetooth. The GPIO pins are instead mapped to /dev/ttyS0.
- The Arduino Pro Mini (5V/16MHz) has an AtMega328P and the bootloader runs at 57,600 bps.
- You can find the built .hex file in /tmp/build*.
- The avrdude flash command line is: