Saturday, 6 August 2016

PiWars 2017...?

I may have accidentally submitted a PiWars 2017 application. Ooops.


Key upgrades for the old robot, I think would include:
  • Proper four wheel drive
  • Closed loop motor feedback
  • Ultrasonic ranging on the sides as well as the front
  • Light sensors in place of the camera for line following
I dusted off the 2014 entry myself and some friends built and the LCD and the PS3 interface still work well. But I'd previously stolen most of the motor driver circuitry, so that needs revisiting.

To make the sensors work, I need more interrupt pins than the two that I have available on the AtMega 328 I used last time. I really need two for each wheel speed sensor, plus one for each ultrasonic sensor. I'd use a Cortex M4 like the Stellaris Launchpad, but the wheel speed sensors of course output 5V, as are most ultrasonic sensors and the inputs on the L298 H-Bridges I use.

I feel a custom circuit board coming. Oh dear oh dear.

No comments:

Post a Comment